Monday, May 21, 2012

Hippo watching on Sunday

Did I peak your interest?  I got to talk with Dave yesterday (Sunday)  Here's a little peak into our conversation (with the help of Ethan's pictures) minus the mushy "i love you" stuff....


Saturday, 5/19/12 email from Dave



They're serving dinner again and it seems the only time to write to you.  Basically, today was fix our mistakes (me and Daniel) day and now we have a clean and effecient ceiling in 2 rooms.  Also it rained and poured last night and then thundered starting at 3am so we are all pretty tired.  we played about 10 minutes of soccer across the street and it was awesome to quickly see about 30 kids just show up in a few minutes... then we gave the ball to them as a group- they designated a keeper of the ball and off they went and we came in for dinner
 
ok- i totally, totally miss you and can't wait to see you.  i know today is saturday, now and you can try to call whenever you want now.  We are done working.
 
Tomorrow we'll be gone until about 2 or 3 in the afternoon.  then there's an evening service here again- i think at 7pm with the missionaries. i better try to eat something.

I called and talked to Dave on Saturday.  It was short as we couldn't hear each other very well. He had said that the power went out with the storm and that's why everyone got up...it was really hot (the air conditioner stopped when the power went out)

 I had been emailing Cindy about if she had talked with Preston.  She hadn't so I arranged to set up a call for her between services yesterday.  Katie said she had spoken with Jerald also!  It's hard to remember what all the stories are I'm just taking it all in and it swirls in my mind.  I hope the following pictures will help tell some of the story.



Sunday, 5/20/12 email from Dave

i'm glad you called... it was nice to hear your voice.  thanks for calling for Cindy, too.  you're a good wife
 
also- i miss you and am glad we are past half way.  Today was incredible!  The morning service was awesome.  


We arrived a little late as we had a flat on the way.  

I sang in a quartet with Scott, Brent, & Trustin- we sounded good- i think.
 
i also was able to present the Bible to the pastor....
 
we also enjoyed a meal afterwards- kinda like chili beans- not spicy as they wanted to be nice to us- but they have these little chili things that are like peppers but more round.  i had them during break with this dish that basically seemed like all the ingredients of tamales, but not rolled up and the meat was a whole small talapia.
 
i love you and hopefully we can talk later, or tomorrow.
 
love,
 
me

Sunday, 5/20/12 im from Dave


we just returned from Hippo watching, but it was across the lake, so they were pretty far away. now we have the church service in 30 minutes


i wish you could have been at the service today- it as cool and as i think back, it reminded me of Mexico with you




Ok, so I didn't leave out all the mushy stuff.  What I wanted to share in this post is what Christy shared with me last night at church.  I asked her how I could pray for her this week.  She reminded me again, that it's not about her right now (nor me) it's about the guys doing the job they've been tasked to do .... to run the part of the race in Togo that God has set before them to run.  


I was thinking about that yesterday after the email and my conversation with Dave about how they keep working on making the house great for the missionaries.  I thought about the fact that my husband is not a doctor, but he can dig a ditch and paint, etc.  So it is a priveledge for him to do the house stuff so the doctor can still do the doctor stuff...and love people because of the love of God.


In Ezekiel 22:30 it says, "So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one." (this is when God is talking to Israel about their wickedness)


What impressed me about this verse is "stand in the gap".  Thanks for being part of the sending team to help those who are "standing in the gap" and proclaiming and showing the love of God to the nations.  Oh that I would stand in the gap here at home!






 


No comments:

Post a Comment