Thursday, May 10, 2012

Flight Status take 3

They've landed in Paris.  In about 2 hours they'll leave for Lome.  
-It's 4:13am.  I just got a message from Ethan..."I found them."  I don't know about you, but this is good news to me! 


-It's now 5:30am.  This is from the team:


Beth, 
Ethan at the Paris airport.
     It was refreshing to see Ethan and of course he went right into action-the picture is of a British man that he just started talking to.  Kinda cool.  
     The flight was long, but not bad.  I'm not that tired even though I only had about maybe 3 hours of broken sleep.  France is nothing special as all we can see is the airport and a skyline of the city out quite a ways.  I can't even see the Eiffel Tower. I enjoyed a French pastry and coffee-which basically seemed like a fruit tart and good coffee back in the US.
     The team is tired and just kicking it for a few until our plane leaves.  There's free internet for 15 minutes and so I'm not sure how much I get to do this.
     The mail delivery on the plane was refreshing to the team.  (This is the start of the encouragement notes that a member from each team member's family gathered and gave for the trip).
     Love, Me (aka: Pastor Dave)


MESSAGES:  
tell mom that he wants a red piano for his birthday
*From Kevin to his parents:  I'm alright and I miss you guys a lot and Paris is not what I expected.
*From Trustin:  Hi mom!  Ummhh, what's there to say, Paris is not as nice as I thought it would be, but I'd still want to live here.  There's a cool red piano.  


-sent from Pastor Dave in Paris, France waiting to board the plane that will take the team to Lome, Togo.


While I was formating this blog, I missed an instant message from Dave on Facebook.  They are boarding the plane.  They are going to be starting the last leg of the flying part of the trip.  Tomorrow will be a long drive to their final destination.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the pictures and the updates! How excited that we have this great way of following along with this journey!

    ReplyDelete